December ArticlesThe December eNewsletter is coming soon...
Pruning Made Easy
by Lewis Hill
Pruning is one of the best things you can do for your plants, if it's done the right way. Now renowned nurseryman and author Lewis Hill shows you how to shear without fear in Pruning Made Easy. More than 300 step-by-step illustrations demonstrate the proper techniques for pruning many varieties of plants including trees, shrubs, bushes, hedges, vines, and flowers.
With Pruning Made Easy you will learn:
- Exactly when, how, and why various plants should be pruned
- Artistic pruning techniques used to make topiary, espalier, and cordons
- Methods of using and caring for pruning tools and equipment
- How to prune safely
Midwest Home Landscaping
by Roger Holmes & Rita Buchanan
Midwest Home Landscaping, Including Southern Canada, third edition, shows how to beautify 23 common landscape situations, such as front and back entries, walkways, borders, slopes, and patios. Each situation is presented with a variation, for a total of 46 designs. In addition, the book explains how to install and care for the plants, ponds, walls, and fences involved in the landscape designs. Plants that are proven performers in the Midwest are used in the designs and described in full detail. Step-by-step instructions provide the essential knowledge to tackle each project.
- Covers the following U,S. states: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI and southern Ontario, Canada
- Over 1.1 million copies of the Regional Home Landscaping series sold to date
- Provides landscape designs created by landscape professionals in the region
- Shows the whole range of tasks, from plant selection and care to building walks, walls, fences, and trellises
- Complete descriptions of the approximately 200 plants employed in the designs including hardiness zones; watering, soil, and sunlight needs; propagation information; blooming season; height; width; plus unusual tidbits
- Over 430 full-color photos and paintings are complemented by easy step-by-step instructions
- Full cross-referenced index and a glossary